SafetyTalks Evaluation Overview
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate SafetyTalks.
SafetyTalks will give you valuable insights into Professor Hopkins’ messages to enhance your safety training and cascade his message throughout your organisation.
This electronic evaluation package includes all 55 topics and support material from each of the twelve SafetyTalks modules.
Download the SafetyTalks User Guide here.
Click on the links below to preview online.
Accident Causation Analysis
- Management of change
- Technical support
- Inadequate mental model
- Alarm system
- Interconnection and single supply
Communication skills for executives
- Communication between shifts
- Why and where should you talk to workers?
- When should you talk to workers?
- Whom should you talk to?
- What should you talk about?
- What else to do on walk-arounds
Defence in Depth
- Defence in depth
- First barrier: cement job
- Second barrier: cement evaluation tool
- Third barrier: well integrity test
- Fourth barrier: monitoring
- Fifth barrier: BOP
- Diverter barrier
- Ignition barrier
- The response plans: blowout response
- The response plans: oil response
- Post blowout risk assessment
INCIDENT REPORTING SYSTEMS
LEARNING FROM OTHER INCIDENTS
MANAGING MAJOR HAZARDS – THE USE OF INDICATORS
ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE – ITS IMPACT ON MANAGING RISK
Risk of Managing costs
- Maintenance Cost Cuts
- Cost Cutting and Safety
- Incentive Schemes and LTIs
- Profit before Safety
- Unconstrained Pressure
WARNING SIGNS – HOW THEY MAY BE IGNORED
- It can’t happen here
- Intermittent signs
- Normalisation at Gretley Coal Mine
- Normalisation at Macondo blowout
- Onus of proof
- Group think
- Group think at Macondo
- Confirmation bias
- Warning signs
To order SafetyTalks please complete the order inquiry form below: