SafetyTalks consists of twelve modules, each module covering a number of video topics
SafetyTalks consists of twelve modules, each module covering a number of video topics. The SafetyTalks licence includes all twelve modules as a comprehensive resource library. The topics in each module are accompanied by support material including the video script and suggested questions and answers to use. There are 55 topics and over 3.5 hours of video included.
Accident causation analysis
- The 5 whys
- Defence in depth
- Audits – missing the obvious
- Audits – a false sense of security
- Behavioural safety
- Management of change
- Technical support
- Inadequate mental model
- Alarm system
- Interconnection and single supply
Communication skills for executives
- Communication between shifts
- Why and where should you talk to workers?
- When should you talk to workers?
- Who should you talk to?
- How should you conduct the talk?
- What should you talk about?
- What else to do on walk-arounds?
Defence in depth
- Defence in depth
- First barrier: cement job
- Second barrier: cement evaluation tool
- Third barrier: well integrity test
- Fourth barrier: monitoring
- Fifth barrier: BOP
- Diverter barrier
- Ignition barrier
- The response plans: blowout response
- The response plans: oil response
- Post blowout risk assessment
- Hazard identification
- Process safety or personal safety
- Government legislation
Incident reporting systems
- Reporting systems
- Key points for design
- Design for warning signs
- Mindful reporting
Learning from other incidents
- Learning from other incidents
Managing major hazards – the use of indicators
- Lost time injury frequency
- Using appropriate indicators
Organisational structure – its impact on managing risk
- Organisational design
- Lines of authority
- Corporate safety department
Warning signs – how they may be ignored
- It can’t happen here
- Intermittent signs
- Normalisation at Gretley Coal Mine
- Normalisation at Macondo blowout
- Onus of proof
- Group think
- Group think at Macondo
- Confirmation bias
- Warning signs
SafetyTalks comprises a comprehensive selection of video segments sourced from the full-length DVD workshops featuring Professor Andrew Hopkins.
The evaluation package includes the 55 videos from the 12 modules as well as the SafetyTalks User Guide.