CELEBRATING 40th YEAR PROVIDING SAFETY TRAINING RESOURCES
Savings on the hugely popular BBC Disaster Series
As we conclude our 40th year providing safety training resources, we have these special offers on safety training titles.
Training can be delivered in a variety of formats:
Electronic Delivery | Intranet
The BBC Disaster Video Discounts are available until the end of June 2015. Purchase all 10 titles for $1,695 instead of $3,390. Alternatively purchase individual titles for $385 instead of $595.
- Spiral to Disaster: Piper Alpha Training Package
- Crash in the Dark: The Severn Tunnel Train Crash
- Unflyable Plane Training Package
- Cut Price Tragedy Training Package
- Channel Tunnel Fire Training Package
- Major Malfunction Training Package
- Kansas City - Death by Design Training Package
- Wrong Stuff Training Package
- Piper Alpha: Human Price of Oil Training Package
- Kings Cross: Beneath the Flames Training Package
The BBC Disaster series examines the world’s most dramatic catastrophes using brilliant BBC footage, recreations and interviews with key decision makers. This acclaimed docudrama approach speaks to the viewers in a way nothing else can. Now available in a totally new format with expert training support material developed by FutureMedia, this series awakens the need for safety consciousness at every level of an organisation.
No one who experiences these powerful training programs will be unaffected by the essential lessons they convey.
What makes up the BBC Disaster Series?
The BBC Disaster Series is designed to help organizations make that vital move from the ‘belief’ that things can’t go wrong, to the ‘knowledge’ that they can. The 10-part series utilizes case studies of major disasters from around the world from various industries, such as oil and gas, transport, aviation, aeronautics and space, chemical manufacturing and hospitality. Each workshop provides participants an unforgettable learning experience by giving them a feel of the real-world scale of loss - both human and monetary, and the avoidable mistakes which lead to it. It thus helps them understand the importance of a planned, systematically-applied approach to health and safety needs.
What is the format of the programs?
The workshops follow an innovative case study approach and provide a highly interactive learning environment in which participants undertake detailed Pre-event, Event and Post- event (P-E-P) analyses of each disaster. This means that they not onlylisten, but also apply the lessons learnt in order to formulate solutions specific to their own workplace; they not only learn aboutwhat went wrong, but also how it could have been avoided.
Why is the case study approach so successful?
In the words of psychologist Lauren Slater: “We most fully integrate that which is told as a tale.” Thus, the viewing of these real-life case studies is particularly well-placed to keep staff focussed on the potential for human and engineering failures in their own workplace.
What are the possible training applications?
- The workshops are designed to help employees, safety professionals and all levels of company management understand the need for:
- Consultative planning & communication in Workplace Health & Safety matters;
- Application, maintenance, review & update of Workplace Health & Safety management systems;
- Clear definition & delegation of Workplace Health & Safety responsibilities;
- Unambiguous training of staff (at all levels) on how to fulfill their Workplace Health & Safety responsibilities;
- Contingency planning for Workplace Health & Safety failures (i.e. fire, first-aid, security, evacuation, clean-up, incident investigation);
- The right to speak-up - and be heard – re Workplace Health & Safety matters.
Contact us now to place your order:
t: 02 9279 4499
*Terms & Conditions
- To be eligible for the offer, orders must be placed before 5pm AEST Tuesday, 30th June 2015
- The offer applies only to DVD titles listed in this promotion
- This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer
- GST and shipping are additional.